Aggressively Defending Federal Drug Charges
Here in Texas, federal law enforcement and prosecutors have huge resources. Fighting federal drug charges takes a skilled and knowledgeable lawyer. At The Sanchez Law Firm, our attorney Sergio Sanchez is a former prosecutor in the Valley. He has the knowledge and experience to help you fight. With an office in McAllen, we help clients who are facing drug convictions throughout the Rio Grande Valley and the State of Texas.
Serious Federal Charges Require A Serious Defense
The state of Texas can charge you with a criminal drug offense, but so can the federal government. Federal drug charges can be filed if:
- The drug crime occurred on federal property
- Involved a certain quantity of drugs
- Involved the transportation of a controlled substance across state lines, including the use of mail
- Importing drugs from outside of the United States
- The drug crime was part of an ongoing investigation by a federal agency such as the United States Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
- Included the involvement of a federal informant
- Involved other crimes like the possession of a firearm or money laundering of drug money
- Was part of a criminal enterprise or organized crime
If the federal government is involved, you are then facing potentially serious consequences. Moreover, federal drug laws and sentencing guidelines are complex. You need a skilled federal criminal defense lawyer who knows and understands the intricacies of federal issues.
You need a criminal defense attorney who understands the specific charges, statutes and the different federal courtroom rules. You need an attorney who understands how a federal investigation is conducted, as this will help you prepare the best strategic criminal defense. Our attorney Sergio Sanchez was a former prosecutor and assistant district attorney working alongside the District Attorney. He will know how to fight your federal drug charge and advise the best legal strategy for your case.
Call Us Today. Hablamos Español.
We understand that facing federal drug charges is overwhelming and threatens your future. We want to help you with an aggressive defense and an accessible legal team. Call us today at 956-467-5766 or email us to schedule your free consultation.